All students must complete a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer community service before they graduate. The main responsibility for organizing the program and making the required contact lies with the student and the parents. Click here to download the community service form that the student will complete.
The parent handbook is an all-encompassing document for parents which explains how Guido is governed, its policies, and its day to day activities. It was developed in conjunction with staff, and the board of directors. Click here to download the parent handbook.
During school hours and on school property, and while on school-sponsored day trips, all students must wear shirts and sweaters with the school logo and name supplied by R.J. McCarthy. Here’s a few links to help you order the clothing.
R.J. McCarthy School Uniforms
Clothing Price List
Sample Package Discounts
What to Expect When Ordering
Students are expected to reflect a Christian life-style in dress and appearance. They should be well groomed and wear neat and clean clothing. Modesty is an essential requirement. This means that clothing must not be distracting to others or sexually provocative. At school, the students’ clothing should be practical and functional, and should not be confused with beach attire or other styles inappropriate to a school setting.
1. During school hours and on school property, and while on school-sponsored day trips, all students must wear shirts and sweaters with the school logo and name supplied by R.J. McCarthy. The shirt options are:
- Long and short sleeve polo (tennis) shirts in white or navy blue.
- Long or short sleeve oxford dress shirt in white.
- Long, ¾, and short-sleeved French cut blouse for girls only, in white.
The prescribed sweaters are navy blue and the options include:
- V-neck vest
- V-neck pullover
- Zip polo
- Polar fleece zip polo
- Rugby shirt
- Yukon fleece top polo
These shirts can be worn alone or under the prescribed sweaters and vests. Only white, plain T-shirts can be worn under the compulsory shirts. Sizes must avoid excessively baggy or tight fits. Clothing must be worn so that modesty is maintained at all times.
Non-Guido sweaters cannot be worn in the school building at any time.
2. Shorts must be lower-thigh in length. Skirts must also meet this minimum length.
3. Ragged cut-offs, pants with holes, track or stretchy sports pants, sports shorts with stripes and shiny material, and large chains hanging from pants are not permissible. Pants must be worn high enough so that underwear is not exposed at any time.
4. Boys are not allowed to wear earrings while in the school building or participating as members of a school team. Any form of face piercing is also not permitted. Except for the wearing of earrings, the same applies to the girls.
5. Coats are not to be worn in classrooms.
6. Hats and sunglasses are not to be worn anywhere in the school building.
In all cases of disagreement concerning any student clothing, the school administration’s decision will be final. Parents are requested to support the school in its attempt to uphold an acceptable standard for both boys and girls.