Visit our class website here!: https://misskoning.wix.com/koningscience
Course Contents: Big Ideas
UNIT 1: BIOCHEMISTRY -
- Technological applications that affect biological processes and cellular functions are
used in the food, pharmaceutical, and medical industries.
- Biological molecules and their chemical properties affect cellular processes and
- Biochemical compounds play important structural and functional roles in cells of all
UNIT 2: METABOLIC PROCESSES
- All metabolic processes involve chemical changes and energy conversions.
- An understanding of metabolic processes enables people to make informed choices
with respect to a range of personal, societal, and environmental issues.
UNIT 3: MOLECULAR GENETICS
- DNA contains all the genetic information for any living organism.
- Proteins control a wide variety of cellular processes.
- Genetic research and biotechnology have social, legal, and ethical implications.
UNIT 4: HOMEOSTASIS
- Organisms have strict limits on the internal conditions that they can tolerate.
- Systems that maintain homeostasis rely on feedback mechanisms.
- Environmental factors can affect homeostasis.
UNIT 5: POPULATION DYNAMICS
- Population growth follows predictable patterns.
- The increased consumption of resources and production of waste associated with
population growth result in specific stresses that affect Earth’s sustainability.
- Technological developments can contribute to or help offset the ecological footprint
associated with population growth and the consumption of natural resources.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.