Language is a gift from God and must be used responsibly. In light of this, ENG4C emphasizes the literacy, communication and critical and creative thinking skills necessary for success in academic and daily life. This will be achieved through studying a variety of literary works from various time periods, countries and cultures.
This course is divided up into five units; the textbooks we will be using are in brackets.
1. Short Stories and Poetry (Man and his World)
2. Novel Study (Animal Farm)
3. Shakespeare (Romeo and Juliet)
4. Science Fiction (The Chrysalids)
5. Novel Study (The Hunger Games)