Student athletes will be transported to the destination school for their game and then returned to Guido where they can then be picked up and brought home by parents. If a parent chooses to do so, they can go to the game and bring their child home directly from that venue. The coach must be aware of this situation so as not to leave any athletes behind.
When ONE school team is travelling to a game, the coach must make arrangements for their team to get to that game and back again to school. The recommendation is as follows:
- The coach will drive his/her own vehicle.
- Encourage parents to help out by driving.
- For a Senior Team, some of the athletes may drive themselves. Others can drive with them only with permission from their parents.
- Use a Taxi.
Please note the following changes for student drivers. This information comes directly from the MTO Website (www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/)
- For the first six months, teenagers in level 2 of Ontario's graduated licensing system (G2) can carry one passenger age 19 and under, between midnight and 5 a.m.
- For the rest of their time in G2, or until they turn 20, tennage drivers can carry up to three passengers age 19 or under.
- The passenger limit does not apply if there is a fully licensed driver with four or more years experience in the car, or if the teenage passengers are family.